Black River Safari Boat Ride, with Crocodile Adventure
Take a ride along the scenic south coast of Jamaica to an amphibious journey along the Black River, the largest navigable river and wetland in Jamaica, by boat. Your knowledgeable captain will update you on the ecology and history of the Black River and the over 100 species of birds and wildlife.
Black River Safari Boat and Crodile Tour Highlights
- Scenic drive along the beautiful south coast of Jamaica
- Motorboat tour up Jamaica's largest navigable river and through Jamaica's largest wetland area on the Black River Safari
- Learn of the ecology and history of the Black River and the over 100 species of birds and wildlife
- Crocodile Nursery
Discover the beauty of the south coast with a 30-minute tantalizing motorboat ride up Jamaica's largest navigable river and through Jamaica's largest wetland area, the Black River lower morass. This cruise takes you six miles up the river, during which a running commentary is given by your captain or tour guide on both the ecology and history of the area.
Over 100 species of birds have been recorded in the Black River morass and many will be seen during your trip. The endangered American Crocodile inhabits the area and sightings are very frequent! Feel free to pet these crocodiles or even jump in and take a swim. How exhilarating! Interact with juvenile crocodiles at the crocodile nursery as a special treat.
For nature lovers in particular, the wetland vegetation is of special interest with three species of mangrove, thatch palms, royal palms along with the dominating freshwater swamp forest. So don’t miss your chance to discover the wild landscape of Jamaica’s beautiful unspoilt interior.
- Private round trip transfer between pier or resort and attraction site
- Entrance fee to attraction site
- Gratuities (optional)
- Fee does not cover additional purchases
- Tour times are scheduled to accommodate your requested time
- Best to take your bathing suit, towels, camera (waterproof) and cash
- Please research the location of your port of call or resort prior to booking to ensure that the tour option selected covers the route between your port of call or resort and attraction site
- All of our vehicles are non-smoking