This Rastafarian Indigenous Village Tour is a working space with Villagers who are artisans, crafts person's, musicians, and farmers whose philosophies reflect a respect and appreciation for the blessings of nature and a sense of family for each other and humanity.
Located in the cool hills of the Montego River Gardens, across the clear, bubbling stream into the lush fruited paths edged with medicinal herbs and healing plants, up into the shaded glade to the hidden village where you are welcomed by the sound of drums, to a simpler place and time.
The Rastafarian villagers strongly stand on the foundation of the principles and 'livity' of Rastafari, clean healthy living in harmony with other species on the planet, body, mind and spirit with equal rights and justice for all, one love, one heart.
Visitors are welcomed to the village to share, experience, learn, and contribute to the liberation of the spirit, experience the natural mystic of the Rastafari, and the sustainability of humanity.
Creators of the Rastafarian Village and their vision:
IION Kanaka and First Man are family and community centered indigenous healers, poets, intuitive spirituals, farmers, and motivational speakers.
Their vision is the creation of a 'New World Order' built on the teachings and awareness of His Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I and the lessons to be learned from the journey of humanity.
The environment they create is to promote positivity, heightened awareness and self discovery to bridge the gap between the present- invoking the Ancient Future.
ILEEN IION is an African centered Empress, community worker, traveler through time and space - has a mission to educate, be an agent of change and make a difference to bring about awareness and coexistence between the indigenous and the technological world. Working with the gifts of nature, trees, plants and herbs, the river, the lush and fertile earth they created a beautiful, idyllic and authentic space.
This Rastafarian Indigenous Village excursion from Falmouth Pier is a must while on your Jamaica Vacation.
Rastafarian Indigenouse Village Tour Inclusion
- Days Available: Thursdays (Large Groups Tours available upon request)
- Tour Duration: 3 1/2 Hours.
- Pick up Time: 10:00am - 03:30pm
- Included: Round Trip Transportation, Tour Fee, Gift Shop, Ital Meals/Snacks Available (Ital Food is cooked without salt, vegan, and fruits in season), Beverages: Coconut water, and sugar cane, Souvenirs, and drinks on sale
- Things to take: Wet shoes, Camera, and towel (River crossing may be necessary)
- Additional Information: Drive time from Falmouth Cruise Pier to The Rastafarian Indigenous Village (Montego Bay) is 45 minutes.